Ones I thought to copy onto a scratchpad, anyway:
- “Forget Strong Female Characters! We Need Complicated Female Characters Who Screw Up (A Lot)“
- “Interview: Jonathan Frakes On Casting Marina Sirtis And What ‘The Orville’ And ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Share“
- “It’s Time to Give Billy Joel the Respect He Deserves“
- “Why narrating an audiobook is a LOT harder than you think“
- “Neanderthals May Have Taught Humans to Joi
TED talk. Been around forever, but I’m just now catching it somehow:
I’d been seeing the trailers for Brightburn around, and figured I’d just . . . wait for Redbox, maybe. I mean, Supes getting weaponized by Lex Luthor was pretty much ever other issue for a while, and Justice Leagure Dark had already shown me what all there heroes being unheroic was like. But then I heard somebody online saying that this was a slasher.
I was at the next showing.
[ note: gonna be spoilers here ]
And, to back up: a book or three ago, Marketing of whatever pub…
I got no business sharing Instagram stuff, as I don’t move around in there, but man, this is the best strip I’ve found in a while:
found it on Twitter:…
Usually don’t put words in these, but this is the first for the year, and this year’s going to look different. Not just the running title (different titles make them easier to search), but how movie and tv heavy these’ll all likely be for at least the first half of the year. Because? Reading for the World Fantasy Awards, but shouldn’t really be saying what’s my favorite books and stories and novellas and whatnot. Result: movie and tv heavy best-…
I love finding panels and pages and tricks and storytelling that only works on the comic book page, then throwing it up on the screen for my students. Panels and pages like these:…