Ledfeather’s alive and kicking over at the FC2 site. However, as the cover there’s kind of a thumbnail, here’s a bigger one:
And, talking Amherst, the Massachussets one (surely there’s another somewhere), that’s where I am the week after next, reading aloud.
And, the errata and the &etc part:
- an old link a friend found forever ago
- how to (not) burn a book
- books that’ve been recommended to me lately, that I really need to find:
- Sara Langan’s The Missing
- Chelsea Cain’s Heartsick
- Bob Jakubovic’s Whole New Religion
- books I’ve nabbed recently, that I’m excited about getting to:
- Alan Weisman’s The World Without Us
- CJ Box’s Blue Heaven
- Tadeusz Borowski’s This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentleman (well, this one’s borrowed, not yet completely nabbed . . .)
- From everything I hear, Teeth‘s the movie to see. And, from everything I hear from myself, Cloverfield is the best movie I’ve seen in a long, long time.
- And, too, a quick list of DVD’s I’ve recently lost-through-loaning-out, and am all sad about not having anymore:
- Heaven Can Wait
- The Butterfly Effect
- The Last Starfighter
about seven or eight more too, judging by the spaces they left behind, but I guess those were all forgettable (and mostly in the H’s and I’s, with maybe a J or two in there [but NOT Jacob’s Ladder; that doesn’t get loaned out). Or, I’ve already forgotten them, anyway.
- Latest show I’ve become addicted to: Monsterquest. Of course. Though The Universe is pretty cool as well, as is that History Channel show where they go under all the cities . . . Underworld? Surely not. And Life on Mars: good grief, Charlie Brown. One of the better season finales ever, I say. Or, just one of the better seasons, one of the better series. Such a well-done show. But over for a while, soon to replaced by Lost (this week), Heroes (someday, I’m sure), and equal parts Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace reruns and the post-All*Star Break NBA action. But yeah, I’ll be missing me some Jack Bauer this season. I’d even grin and bear it were the mountain lion to show back up, I think, so long as Jack could run around and scream some more, shoot whoever he wants, then make stupid, impossible promises, and have to keep them. But who am I fooling? I only have four more discs to go to finish that last season of The Sopranos, and haven’t hit them yet, even, Penelope. And that’s not a Club Dread reference. This, however, yeah:
Grease was gone as well, but I just went ahead and picked up another one. Kind of an essential. And, don’t even know why I’m talking DVDs here. Had so little time for movies lately that I’ve had the same Netflix disc for nearly a month now (Boy Eats Girl, which I’m pretty excited about hitting, am maybe just doing that pleasure-delaying trick).
Anyway, be famous.