first, the whole event: AWP Conference.
next, my part:
- Thursday March 9th, 10:00 – 10:45: a booksigning for Bleed Into Me. I’d guess this’ll be at the University of Nebraska Press table in whatever big room’s got all the tables/journals/etc.
- Thursday, March 9th, 12:00 – 1:15: a panel (“A Reading by the Faculty of Texas Tech”). not sure if it’s posted yet which room this’ll happen in, but there’ll be schedules, signs, all that stuff, so it should be easy to find.
- Thursday, March 9th, 1:30 – 2:45: another panel (“Where Genre and Non-Genre Meet: Texas Writers on Texas Writing”), this one with Craig Clevenger and Joe Lansdale and I’m not sure who else. Should be a good time, though. I mean, there’ll maybe be a pitcher of water there anyway, which I’ll need, from running over from the last panel . . .
- 7:00, there in the hotel, one of the reception rooms: a party hosted by Texas Tech. food on platters, cash bar, that type thing. not sure if it’s invite-only or not, but I’d guess I can get people in the door somehow (if I’m there [see next bullet])
- 7:00, in room 408, same hotel (I think), I’m reading aloud with some FC2 people. or, not ‘with,’ like a chorus, but in sequence with, anyway. not sure of my order in that line-up or what I’m reading, or how I’m going to both host one party and provide diversion for another, but, I mean, I did grow up on Three’s Company, so of course know that what seems to be both wholly inadvisable and geographically impossible is often really just the optimum setting for some prime comedy, or at least an antic or two.
anyway, glad I’m doing this all in one day, instead of across three or four; this way, I only have to put on decent clothes once. dressing up of course being one of the many banes of my existence (okay, that’s a half-lie–if I could dress up like, say, a pirate every day, then I’d look forward to it)